- 2014 APS Fellow, For contributions to imaging spin structures and their dynamics with high resolution magnetic soft x-ray microscopy.
- 2014 IEEE Fellow, for contributions to the development and application of high resolution X-ray magnetic imaging
- 2013 Zhongshan Distinguished Lecturer
- 2011 Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Magnetics Society
- 2010 Klaus Halbach Award for Innovative Instrumentation at the Advanced Light Source, co-award with W. Chao, E. Anderson, T. Tylisczcak, A.L. Kilcoyne and T. Warwick, For hitting the 10 nm resolution milestone with soft X-ray microscopy.
- 2013 Most cited paper of the month J. Kimling, T. Gerhardt, A. Kobs, A. Vogel, S. Wintz, M.-Y. Im, P. Fischer, H. P. Oepen, U. Merkt, and G. Meier, Tuning of the nucleation field in nanowires with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy, J Appl Phys 113, 163902 (2013)
- 2007 Best Poster Award at the MMM Tampa FL, Nov 5-9, 2007: M. T. Bryan, P. W. Fry, P. Fischer and D. A. Allwood, Magnetic transmission X-ray microscopy of field-driven magnetization processes in Permalloy structures
- 2006 Best Poster Award at the 378th WE-Heraeus Seminar, Bad Honnef, 22.-26.10.2006: M. Bolte, H. Ziehlke, A. Drews, R. Eiselt, G. Meier, D.-H. Kim, B. L. Mesler, P. Fischer, B. van Waeyenberge, A. Puzic, K. W. Chou, and H. Stoll, Current-induced magnetic vortex oscillations observed by time resolved X-ray microscopy